OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will require you to provide information that is necessary for us to deliver our services successfully. Without such information, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
We may collect the following types of information (which may or may not be personal information):
- Account information: We may collect information related to your Account and the Accounts you share the device with.
- Router information: We may also collect information about the routers linked with your account, such as the name, model, serial number, DID, hardware version, plug-in version, and firmware version of your router.
- Information about router settings:We may collect information about your router settings, such as Wi-Fi settings, Internet connection settings, scheduled-task settings.
- Connected device information:We may collect connected device information, including the name, connection mode (such as wired connection, 2.4G wireless connection, 5G wireless connection), access time, IP address, MAC address, and device online/offline status.
- Feedback: When you submit a log to Vilo Support in the app, we may collect the error log, and the contact details and feedback you provide.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Providing, processing, maintaining, improving and developing our goods and/or services to you, including after-sales and customer support and for services on your device or through our websites.
- Communicating with you regarding your device, services, or any other common queries (e.g., updates, customer support, information related to our activities, and notifications).
- Analysis and development of statistical information related to the use of our products and services that are used to further improve our products and services.
- Storing and maintaining information about you for our business operations or legal obligations.
Here are more details on how we use your information (which may include personal information)
- Collecting user feedback: The feedback you provide is extremely valuable for us to improve services. In order to track your feedback, we may use the personal information you provide to contact you and to keep records.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES (ONLY WHEN BROWSING HTTPS://WWW.VilOLIVING.COM)
- What type of information is collected and how it is used? Technologies such as cookies, tags, and scripts are used by Vilo and our Third Party Service Providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movements around the website and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Log Files: Like most websites, we collect specific information and store it in the log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we gather about you.
- Advertising:We may partner with our Third Party Service Providers to manage our advertising on other sites. Our Third Party Service Provider may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you do not wish for this information to be used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt out by contacting our customer service at email@example.com.
- Mobile Analytics:Within our mobile application we may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where crashes occur within the application. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
- Local Storage – HTML5/Flash: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to store content and preferences. Third parties whom we partner with to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity, also use HTML5 or Flash cookies to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your information on occasion to third parties (as described below) in order to provide the products or services that you have requested.
We may disclose your information to Third Party Service Providers described below. In each case described in this section, you can be assured that we will only share your personal information in accordance with your consent. You should know that when we share your personal information with a Third Party Service Provider under any circumstance described in this section, we will contractually specify that the third party is subject to practices and obligations to comply with applicable local data protection laws. We will contractually ensure compliance by any Third Party Service Providers with the privacy standards that apply to them in your home jurisdiction.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
In order to operate successfully and provide you with the full functionality of our products and services, we may occasionally disclose your personal information to our third-party service providers (mailing centers, delivery services providers, telecommunications companies, data centers, data storage facilities, customer service providers, advertising and promotional service providers, and agents representing Vilo, collectively referred to as "Third Party Service Providers"). Such Third Party Service Providers would be processing your personal information on Vilo's behalf or for one or more of the purposes listed above. If you no longer wish to allow us to share this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VILO'S SECURITY MEASURES
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or other such risks, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and management-related measures to protect the information we collect from your products and Vilo website. We will take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information.
Your information is all stored on safe servers and is protected in controlled facilities. We will classify your data based on importance and sensitivity and ensure that your personal data is protected at the highest level of security. We will ensure that staff and Third Party Service Providers who access such information to provide you with services and products shoulder the strict contractual obligation of maintaining confidentiality. If they fail to fulfill such obligations, then we will impose disciplinary actions or terminate cooperation. In short, we will periodically review our information collection, storage, and handing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent any unauthorized access and use.
We will take all possible measures to protect your personal information. You should, however, be aware that the Internet is not always secure. Because of this, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information when it is being transmitted online in either direction.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- ou can play your part in safeguarding your information by not disclosing your login password or account information to anybody unless such person is duly authorized by you.
- Vilo cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accesses to your information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
- Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.
We will retain personal information (if necessary) for fulfilling the purpose for which it was collected or for complying with applicable legal requirements or permissions. As long as we can reasonably infer that a retention of personal information cannot fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, and we no longer need to retain the information for legal reasons, dispute resolution, enforcement of our agreements, or any other business-related purpose, we will cease to retain such personal information, or we will eliminate any ways in which such personal information may be associated with specific individuals.
ACCESSING OTHER FEATURES ON YOUR DEVICE
Our applications may access some features on your devices, such as Wi-Fi network status, and other features. Such information is used to enable our applications to run on your device and enable you to interact with our applications. You can turn off such applications at the device-level or contact our customer service at email@example.com to revoke permissions at any time.
YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION!
Vilo recognizes that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we provide examples to illustrate the ways Vilo provides for your choice, so as to restrict the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal information and control your privacy settings:
- Log in to or out of your Account;
- Register and unregister a device;
- Toggle on/off for other services and functionalities which deal with sensitive or personal information.
If you have previously agreed to our using of your personal information for the above mentioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS, UPDATING, OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to request access to and/or correction of any other personal information that we hold about you. When you update your personal information, you will be asked to verify your identity before your request is processed. Once we have a sufficient amount of information, we will be able to process your request to either access or make corrections to personal information. We will respond to your request within the period specified by applicable data protection laws.
- We normally provide such services for free but reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for your data access request.
- If you wish to submit a request to access personal data we have about you, or if you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write us a letter or send an email to the address provided below as soon as possible. Email: email@example.com.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information in our possession or control by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within a reasonable time frame from the time when the request was made, and thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal information as per your request.
- Please recognize that your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences. Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal information, it may mean that you will not be able to enjoy the "Vilo Mesh Wi-Fi System" products and services.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF YOUR JURISDICTION
- We believe that it is the responsibility of parents to supervise their children when using our products and services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to require personal information from minors or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category.
- Vilo does not seek or intend to seek to receive any personal information from minors. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided Vilo with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the personal information is removed and the minor unsubscribes from any of the applicable Vilo services.
ORDER OF PRECEDENCE
DO I HAVE TO AGREE TO ANY THIRD PARTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
Kivo Technology, Inc. (DBA Vilo Living)
3600 136th Pl SE, Suite 300, Bellevue, WA 98006